How to Plan the Perfect Night-In With Cannabis
Nothing beats a relaxing night at home. Everyone de-stresses in their own way, however, we’ve found that including cannabis into our nightly routine is the perfect way to shake away all the pressure from a long day at work, or the anxiety of spending too much time indoors due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Cannabis definitely shows excellent potential as a self-care essential. The best part is that cannabis is incredibly versatile. Depending on your personality, methodic preference, and whether it’s for pleasure or therapeutic purposes all factor into what strain you should try.
In this article, we share several ideas to get you ready for the perfect night-in with cannabis. Let's get started!
Sip Cannabis Tea to Slow Down
Calm your nerves and cozy up with a hot cup of cannabis-infused tea. It's an excellent way to help you slow down after the hustle and bustle of your day and warm yourself up, especially during the cold winter months. There are many methods to make cannabis tea, such as:
- Infusing water with dried cannabis flowers
- Mixing cannabutter with loose tea leaves and water for a creamier beverage
- Adding a few drops of cannabis oil or tincture to your favourite cup of tea
- Trying cannabis-infused tea bags
Like edibles, it may take some time to notice the effects of cannabis tea because it has to go through your digestive system. Take your time, sip slowly and wait at least 30 minutes before deciding to make yourself another cup.
Cannabis-Infused Bath Bombs or Salts
Soak your stress and body aches away with a warm bath. Forget about your basic bubble bath essentials - lucky for you, there are now cannabis-infused THC and CBD bath bombs and bath salts, which are total game-changers. The combination of hot water and cannabis can soothe your aching muscles and encourage your body to relax. Cannabis bath bombs and bath salts are said to have moisturizing, healing, and antibacterial properties that can benefit the skin, especially those prone to pimples.
Can you get high from cannabis-infused bath bombs or bath salts? Yes. The hot water releases the active ingredients (THC and CBD) while opening up the pores of your skin to encourage absorption through the blood. Cannabis’ essential oils are absorbed into your skin through a passive diffusion process, which scientists have dubbed as the "percutaneous absorption."
Tips for a chill cannabath night:
- Stay in the tub for an extended period of time: Soak for at least 30 minutes to fully immerse yourself for the ultimate experience!
- Start with small doses: Do not underestimate the potency of cannabis bath bombs or bath salts. Stick to the dosage instructions of the product and work your way up eventually. Heed this advice, particularly if you plan to smoke or consume edibles while soaking in the tub.
- Hydrate: The salts can have a dehydrating effect. Make sure you have a glass or a jug of water nearby.
It may not be as immediate and as intense as the euphoric effects of smoking or vaping, but cannabis baths can deliver a subtle and pleasant high, which is also a perfect prelude to a restful sleep.
Netflix and Edibles
Binge-watch your favourite series or movie tonight while snacking on delicious cannabis edibles. While baked goodies, such as brownies and cookies are the most conventional choice, your tastebuds will be thrilled to know there is now more variety to satisfy your sweet tooth. Check out your local dispensary for cannabis chocolates, hard and soft chewable candies, gummy bears, and even beverages!
Safety tips when consuming edible cannabis:
- Keep your edibles in a private space away from kids or pets to prevent them from accidentally eating them
- If this is your first time, we highly recommend buying your edibles from your local dispensary first instead of making it on your own to ensure safe and accurate dosing
- Start small and take it slow - the high from edibles may take a while to kick in and can be overwhelming if you have too much. Give it at least 20 minutes before having more.
- Avoid consuming edible-infused cannabis with any alcoholic beverage, as it can spike up intoxication levels and result in an unpleasant experience.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Make sure you are in a safe and comfortable space when trying edibles for the first time.
- Know your limit. Do not consume a bar of 20-milligram cannabis chocolate in one sitting. Break it up into small dosages to begin with.
Consuming edibles is the best method for people who are interested in smoking or vaping, or are simply on the lookout for other fun and exciting ways to try cannabis at home.
Smoking While Sound Tripping
A classic tried-and-true way to get your late-night high is with a cannabis pre-rolled joint, blunt, bong, or vaping pen while listening to your favourite playlist in the background. Smoking is the quickest way to get that mellow buzz - all you need is a few minutes.
You Deserve a Smokey's Night
Are you planning for a cannabis-infused night at home? We got your back. Get Smokey's today!